I have been working in digital design for 20 years and started my career at a company called AOL at a time when people were trying to figure out what the internet was for. For 10 years I worked at a number of digital agencies and now through my own company I create effective and engaging design solutions on screen and on paper either working independently or as part of a flexible team.
I can plan and manage digital design projects from an initial idea through to completion, this might involve me working with an in-house team or taking on projects that businesses or agencies are unable to fulfil.
Over the last 10 years I have worked for or partnered with a large number of companies providing a wide range of design services:
- I have worked for Lloyds of London on projects including external and internal websites, email marketing and online research and learning tools.
- I have provided technical agencies with an outsourced UX and design service working on a number of large corporate clients including Citibank, Cornish Mutual, LinkedIn, LV, MSN, Petro Saudi and Volkswagen.
- For over 3 years I have been working with Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centres as part of their marketing team providing design for corporate literature, fundraising materials and event advertising and communications.
- I work with Pentagram Design providing digital design and consultancy services as well as delivering web development projects on their behalf.
- I work with WWF (World Wildlife Fund) providing digital design and build for websites, microsites, landing pages, banner advertising and email newsletters.
As well as these larger clients I also work with smaller businesses on a range of digital projects, my clients include:
Adelphi Group, ARC-UK, Avon Tyrrell, Credit Flux, Do The Green Thing, Editorial Intelligence, Evrythng, Julia Hobsbawm, Nextenders, Online Reprographics, Rated People, RBS, Sturgis Carbon Profiling, Trillion Fund, XCO2 Energy and more...
My skills include:
- In-depth knowledge of user experience and user interface design including mobile and responsive design
- Expertise in visual identity systems, all aspects of digital design and front-end html
- In-depth knowledge of web technology, trends and best practice
- In-depth knowledge of usability issues surrounding screen design
- Hands-on expert in all aspects of email design and marketing
- Design for print (annual reports, marketing literature, advertising, etc.)
- Experienced in communicating with clients and fellow employees
- Experienced in defining scope, project plans and budgets
- Experienced in working collaboratively with UX designers, developers and editorial teams
- Experience of working in agile development methods
Take a look at my work or say hello